2013, സെപ്റ്റംബർ 20, വെള്ളിയാഴ്‌ച

Aam Aadmi Party: Hope for the Future

A letter from Joy Paul Puthussery
Dear friends,
                        Hindustan Times –C Fore pre-poll survey predicts a smashing debut for AAP in Delhi poll. The party is likely to show its presence in all the constituencies of Delhi and likely to get around 12 seats proving that here there is an alternative to the corrupt Congress and communal BJP.  The belief, that those who conquer Delhi will rule India , is centuries old. Though AAP may not come to power this time, it may, in the next election. I also believe that there will be representation for AAP in the Lok Sabha in 2014 and if there is an election in 2019, ( I don’t think there will be an election in 2019 if RSS backed Modi’s BJP comes to power at the Centre with a clear majority in 2014.) it will be a force to be reckoned with. People like me, who don’t support either the corrupt Congress led by Sonia and Rahul and the communal BJP led by fascist RSS and Modi, find a ray of hope in the Aam Aadmi Party. I can vouch that AAP is a fully transparent party. All funds collected are accounted and published for public inspection. No big corporate house is funding AAP and the funds are collected from ordinary people like you and me as biblical ‘widow’s small coins’.
                        When I write about AAP, my mind goes to those days of the historic fast by Anna Hazare for Jan Lokpal in August 2011. The whole nation was thrilled and rose like a single man in support of that agitation which was seen by the people not only as a fight for Jan Lokpal but also as a fight against the rampant corruption in India. Anna’s fast began on 16th August 2011. On the previous day I was restless and wanted to do something in support of the fast. Even before that I had established contacts with the leaders of the movement. I called all my friends and asked them to assemble in front of Thrissur City Corporation Office at 10 am on 16th August to deliberate and chalk out a plan of action in support of the Delhi fast. Many of my friends came there. At the same time leaders of Laloor Anti-pollution Action Committee also came there for the same purpose. Both the groups joined together and we decided to start a relay fast in support of Anna Hazare and continue it to the day Anna ends his fast. All of us assembled there took out a small procession around Swaraj Round of Thrissur and started the relay fast.  Day by day we got support from more people and many N.G.O.s and people’s action councils joined the struggle and the evening meetings in front of Thrissur Corporation Office. I have to proudly say that we could continue the relay fast till Anna ended his fast in Delhi.
                        It was a sad day for me when Anna and Kejriwal parted ways.  Till then I considered Anna Hazare as present day Mahatma Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal as his faithful lieutenant like Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru during freedom movement. I had my own doubts when Kejriwal started AAP Party and I didn’t join it though I got many invitations from AAP Team at Delhi. But time has proved right the gut political sense of Kejriwal and his party could make impressive inroads into the public mind not only in Delhi but other parts of the country also.  People who lost faith in both the corrupt Congress and the communal BJP and also those who don’t believe in Communist ideology, AAP is the only alternative to look forward with hope.
                        For the  copies of some articles based on poll surveys of Delhi election and also copy of some communications to me from AAP Central Team at Delh, please contact me or josantonym@gmail.com. I urge all of you to support the new movement morally, physically and financially.
            Regards,
            Joy Paul Puthussery



അഭിപ്രായങ്ങളൊന്നുമില്ല:

ഒരു അഭിപ്രായം പോസ്റ്റ് ചെയ്യൂ